Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,209   Online: 1050

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Pressman Busch C lens on D model?

I'm almost a newbe in LF.

I have a good deal for 4 lenses who fit on a C model Pressman.
    Can I use these lens on a D model camera with enough movements with the front and the rear standards? Are these lens will fit on a D lens holder?

I have a Tele-Xenar Linhof 240 mm and 3 Wollenstak-Raptar lenses,
    65, 101 and 200 mm

Any advise will be appreciated.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I reckon only the 200mm would give you enough area on a model D. The Raptar lens is a nice sharp tessar design, with only a reasonable amount of coverage. Similarly the Tele-Xenar most likely only has enough coverage for 6x9 also. That is a nice range of lenses for the Model C though!! I have the 101mm Raptar only on mine.

Marc

Images
    I have a 240mm f5.5 Tele-Xenar (1949 vintage) that covers 4x5 just fine, with room for some movements on my Tachihara. In fact, when I bought it, it was mounted on a Pressman Model C board. I have seen the Tele-Xenar advertised as only covering 6x9 so maybe there are more than one version. I'm guessing the 65mm is a 6x9 lens, and I know that the 101mm is a 6x9 lens. Don't know about the 200mm. Having had a Model D, there are no movements on the rear, just the front, one of the reasons I got rid of it. Also, a 65mm will not work on a Model D. My 90mm would just barely fit on the back of the rail, another reason I got rid of it. I can actually use my 65mm Ilex Acugon (that covers 4x5 but doesn't have any room for movements) on a flat board on the Tachi.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin