Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,409   Online: 1156

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dawson View Post
    and geuss who has a MK VII MPP
    Cheers Dave
    John Blakemore for one and I'm sat looking at one of his prints made with it

An MPP MkVII or VIII is infinitely better than a Crown Graphic because of the rotating back and extensive movements, and that's speaking as someone with 3 Graphics, a Crown & 2 Speeds.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, Ian, and the price tag for the MPP goes along with it too Maybe they're cheaper in the UK, but the rare few I've ever seen here in the US had Linhof-esque price tags.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not wanting to take this thread too far off the original topic, but having years back owned a MKIII Linhof and currently owning a 'bargain' MK VII MPP....The Linhof had the build qaulity but the MPP is perfectly servicable and fun to use. The Linhof wins on the rangefinder cams and focusing scales BUT I never used the rangefinder on the Linhof or the MPP anyway

I think my next field 5x4 will be made of wood.

As with many things, the result is only as good as the weakest link and it's rarely the camera body.

Cheers Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin