Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,361   Online: 746

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 90mm for 4x5

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I chose a 90mm f/8 for its size, price, and performance. It also shares the same CF as my 58 SAXL and 110 SAXL. Three lenses sharing one CF saves a lot of money. The 110mm is only used on 8x10, BTW.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My Nikkor SW 90mm f/8 is a bit contrastier than my longer Caltar IIN's (Apo Sironar N) and this is not always a good thing such as when using Velvia 50. My next lens will be a APO Grandagon-N, but in 75mm.

Your cameras will take any 90mm, but someone else looking here for suggestions will be wisest to measure their camera and compare it to the lens specs before purchase. Many modern f/5.6 versions of wide angles either will not fit the board or won't mount through the front standard opening of a number of cameras. Too, if concerned about lens IC coverage, does the camera have an option for bag bellows? Huge rear lens elements can severely restrict rise and shift, to a less-critical extent limit tilts and swings.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You said "creative architecture." That often means large movements and low light. So use a bag bellows, and get one of the modern f4.5 lenses so that focusing is not so nettlesome.

I have a Caltar 90mm f6.8 lens for landscape work. It is excellent and relatively small, but would not be ideal for your purposes.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello, thank you very much for all this answers. My english is very poor and i need sometime for traslate all this information. Thanks!

Ruben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin