Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,555   Online: 950

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ansco 8x10 varieties

How many varieties of Ansco 8x10 are there?

I have 2 and i assumed that i could transfer the bellows from one to the other,
    But no, one has a small front standard and lens board, the lens board is about 156mm the other is about 190mm. Both cameras are what i understand to be "universal view", both have front tilt.

The smaller of the 2 has holes at the bottom of the lens board and a reinforcing piece inside the front of the bellows which i guess is for a packard shutter. The rear standard is base tilt.

The bigger one is centre tilt on the rear standard it appears to be serial number 3046. Is there any significance in the bigger lens board ? Are they different models? or is this just changes that occurred as the camera evolved?

Both are dark stained both are marked "Ansco" on the extension rail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two different models. The one with the 190mm (7-1/2" sq) lensboard is the earlier model, the later 156mm (6" sq) came out during WWII, perhaps to be compatible with the Kodak 2D. Here is a useful link:
    http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-an...?msg_id=003YZA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin