Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,735   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Best materials for making bellows

Hi there,

I'm currently restoring a Kodak No.33 5x7 view camera. The bellows are really trashed. I'm planning on making a new bellows.

I've looked around a lot online but have yet to find a definitively good source for bellows material. Is there anywhere to order fabric online that's appropriate? Ideally I'd like to add in a little more extension to the camera (possibly creating a bed extension), so if I got something that might be a little more compact than the original that would be awesome but I'd be happy to just get the camera working again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello

take a look at this thread. It might help.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum147/...s-problem.html

I used porters dark room cloth as a liner and covered it with the thinnest black lining cloth I could find at the local cloth store. For me the bellows work well but are a little thick.

http://www.porters.com/black-out-opa...6-ft-roll.html

good luck with your search.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I ended up covering them with gaffers tape. I was fairly careful and they look ok, if not pretty good. I'm going to spray paint them flat black, I think it will be hard to tell. The only thing I'm concerned about is that they will fold up in the camera. They are currently getting crushed by a couple of books to make them thing out.

Thanks for the post...that was awesome.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin