Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,080   Online: 919

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm almost afraid to ask what the tab was on that lens.

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Curt, I feel very fortunate to have the original slip-on brass front cap for my c. 1850 Voigtländer Petzval...and apparently very fortunate that it was a slip on and not a screw on!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I just need to rig up a flange so I can shoot with it! I have procrastinated badly on this front.
    What's the diameter/pitch? Who knows... maybe I have one to fit? I have a couple of huge old brass TT&H and a couple other large ones.

Shooter
    35mm

doesn't matter $

waiting for the .xls list of lenses, each mount on it's own tab
    Last edited by Denis R; 02-15-2010 at 11:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: title
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Adding caps will cost more than shipping... Why not offering free shipping instead of going through you cap ordeal?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by calceman View Post
    Adding caps will cost more than shipping... Why not offering free shipping instead of going through you cap ordeal?
    Because with free shipping I'd be losing money and I've already cut my prices to the bone. I want to either break even with the caps and sell them more quickly or take the same time to sell them and increase the profit a bit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    I'm almost afraid to ask what the tab was on that lens.
    No, the Tab is next to the lens, not on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have bought a Schneider & a couple of Nikkors, in mint condition, without their original lens caps and it didn't bother me that the original lens caps were missing. What mattered was that I bought the lenses from a reputable dealer and the actual lenses, etc were mint. Apart from my Schneider 120mm HM Macro, all my LF lenses now have Lee adaptors and the white plastic lens covers on the front element.
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingy View Post
    I have bought a Schneider & a couple of Nikkors, in mint condition, without their original lens caps and it didn't bother me that the original lens caps were missing. What mattered was that I bought the lenses from a reputable dealer and the actual lenses, etc were mint. Apart from my Schneider 120mm HM Macro, all my LF lenses now have Lee adaptors and the white plastic lens covers on the front element.
    Would you have paid the extra $20 for the Schneider with new Schneider caps and another $20 for new Kaiser caps on the Nikkor? You still had to invest the $$$, right?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin