Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,199   Online: 771

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    How about you, Nick, making me a replacement Toyo 810G bellows... and you, Steve, making me an 8x10 laser etched focus panel? I'll not charge either of you a single penny.

Hey, I just realized one could easily add a grid pattern and/or clear aerial focusing holes with little/no extra effort... or clear corners that don't need to be nipped!!
    I always like the breeze of air you get at the corners when pulling the focus in - without those corners I reckon you might end up with a bloated or sucked in bellows - perhaps put a reed or two in there and you'll end up with a kind of lungless-harmonica
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    I always like the breeze of air you get at the corners when pulling the focus in - without those corners I reckon you might end up with a bloated or sucked in bellows - perhaps put a reed or two in there and you'll end up with a kind of lungless-harmonica
    Just pull open the spring back a little when moving the standards long distances. I'd rather see all of my picture.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Any thoughts Steve?
    Not yet

One way to find out
    That's the method I'm planning!

We normally just cut polyester on our machine as we use it to cut prototype parts in the membrane switch and flexible circuit business. I have some thick glass blocks which are used to hold sheet material flat. If I accidently run the laser over them at high power, splinters of glass come flying off so I think this needs to be a low power operation.

I usually just cut lines but it does have a raster image option too. One of the interesting things I have done for a control panel is to etch text onto an anodised aluminium sheet. The laser removes the anodising but will not affect the aluminium.

I will probably do some initial trials with polyester and polycarbonate before experimenting with glass.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would have thought the break up of the glass after lazer work is due to thermal stress glass does not like localised heat i did some glass work classes a while ago and we were taught always to do a controlled cool down 12 to 24 hours or more in the case of large pieces to keep stress levels to a minimum and equal across the body of the piece unquel stress/cooling = broken glass

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Okay... I spoke to Bill Moretz today. He confirmed these are laser etched GLASS but are only available on the new 4x5 Technika cameras. In his opinion these laser etched panels are better than the best acid etched variety... the best of the best. He said he'll try to find out who provides the glass.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    How about you, Nick, making me a replacement Toyo 810G bellows... and you, Steve, making me an 8x10 laser etched focus panel? I'll not charge either of you a single penny.
    Sounds like a good deal..... for somebody!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this laser thing really about glass, or a resin which has been moulded/embossed via a matrix that was laser structured?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Is this laser thing really about glass, or a resin which has been moulded/embossed via a matrix that was laser structured?
    I don't know anything about them but Mr. Moretz was very clear and certain that the new Technika GLASS panels are LASER etched. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow night I'll call him Friday to ask if he found the supplier of these panels.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, my LASER was tested late last year when we installed another new beam set (2 x 25 watt beams in a water jacket).

Ostensibly it is a 50 Watt unit, but that is the minimum they must produce, mine tested at 69 watts after the initial bedding in and usage for a couple of weeks, it's powerful.

I can tell you that glass on my machine requires around 7% of power at 90% speed, that may give you some idea.

AgX, that was my first thoughts regarding the glass, plastics of some description more than likely. However it appears it could be glass.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can tell you that glass on my machine requires around 7% of power at 90% speed, that may give you some idea.
    I am half way through cutting some parts (for work) at the moment. When I finish writing this I am going to experiment with some small areas on a piece of glass - starting low and working upwards. I will report back later!

Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin