Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,057   Online: 928

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why would Schneider necessarily make all the barrels etc, all their camera lenses fit shutters, at that time mostly Compur or Prontor, although some for Sinar shutters are non standard.

The first Schneider made lens I saw in a composite barrel (nin metal) was actually a Vivitar 150mm f5.6 VHE, the lens cells are marked Made in Germany, and soon after that Scneider switched as well, but they may have had the barrels made elsewhere.

Deckel/Compur came up with the modern shutter standard sizes, still in use today, in 1929 so maybe they made matching barrels in the same size for Schneider,

It's a strange one, but companies s do & did sub contract, the only camera/optical company that made every single component was VEB Pentacon.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Linhof make enlarger long ago. I saw it on Linhof magazine around 1960.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    goodfood, I've been reading photo mags for, well since the late 50's and I must have missed that one. I would love to see that Linhof enlarger. If it's anything like their cameras it would be one overbuilt enlarger and probably a dream to use. It also could be the answer to our question about this lens. JohnW

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You could also buy a cold light back for the Technika 4x5 to make it an enlarger.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    goodfood, I've been reading photo mags for, well since the late 50's and I must have missed that one. I would love to see that Linhof enlarger. If it's anything like their cameras it would be one overbuilt enlarger and probably a dream to use. It also could be the answer to our question about this lens. JohnW
    This is from the Technical News section of the Linhof International Photo Technik, January 1973 issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    goodfood,
    That looks like one awesome enlarger and built in the typical Linhof tradition. It even has those creamy large knurled knobs that Linhof used on almost everything. Wonder what that baby list priced for? Probably half a knew car at the time. I bet they didn't sell many as you never see them for sale used or on the big auction site. I still wish I had one to go with my knew lens. Ya, right! JohnW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin