Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,747   Online: 972

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info David.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks David,
    Most of my shutters look like they have been well cared for over the years by the people who have owned them previously. This probably explains why I haven't had any problems with some even though they are very old.
    Scott Stadler

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got it!

The "Best Wide Angle bang " for my respective currency just arrived in my mail: a 135mm/f:7 "Mono-Werke Monoplast" which looks like it has about 100° coverage. Total price, including three other lenses (all bought as "old shutters with glass in them): Euro 24.-
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I guess I should have also included coverage circle as somewhat of a requirement. I currently have a 150mm Sironar N (I think it's an N) and I wished I would have bought something with larger image area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Super Angulons can be from 1950

Hi David

I have a 90mm f8 Super Angulon from 1950 it has the compur 00 and a selftimer.
    The lens is not to bad but against the todays standards wide lenses is it a bit behind and has not a flatfield. Also does it have a bit of focus shift!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewH
    I am very new to LF photography. I have a 150mm lens and am looking for something on the wide side. Any suggestions for a used lens to look for out there?

In addition to the 90mm f/6.8 Angulon and the various versions of the Super-Angulon another good wide angle lens for 4X5 is the 90mm f/8 Ilex-Calumet Wide Field Caltar. I don't know the exact design of this lens but its coverage and performance are very similar to that of the Super-Angulon. I use this lens as a super wide angle lens on 5X7 and it covers nicely when stopped down, but with virtually no movements.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you can find a wollensak 3 1/2 " exwa ( extreme wide angle ) it is pretty inexpensive and works well. stopped down it will cover 5x7. on the down side, it is a f12 ( but it opens more for focusing ) and there is not flash sync. it is mounted in a tiny little alphax shutter. i used it as a back-up when my 90mm raptar ( also a nice lens ) was on the blink.

good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin