Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,082   Online: 905

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Does anyone use the

http://www.viewcamerastore.com/produ...roducts_id=368

8x10 Balanced Seam Envelopes $19.95USD

50 envelopes/package

http://www.genealogicalstorageproduc...egprinen1.html

You might want to check on this site. If you buy in larger quantities you can bring the unit cost per envolope. Their storage boxes are very cheap too.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My neg filing system consists of regularly begging someone else to do it for me. No takers so far.

Images
    Right now,

Mine are in print file sleaves stacked in the order they were processed. these stacks live in a filing cabinet. I plan on hanging them all next week when I get some time off from the day job.

My 8x10 negs are filed in order of processing as well, but are in a plastic binder.
    hi!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I shoot 4x5, 8x10, and 11x14, but the system is the same.
    Each neg. is numbered mm-dd-yy-film-holder #. So, the first shot of 05-27-04 might be 17 (05-27-04-17) then I'll turn it over and take 05-27-04-18. I started doing this because of the field notes. I started using a Newton and switched to a Palm. These were imported into an Excel spreadsheet. Also I can keep track of which film holders are malfunctioning (not uncommon with 11x14). It's rare to use the same film holder twice in one day, so each negative is uniquely identified. When using Graphmatics for 4x5, the Graphmatic automatically labels the negatives 1-6, and I have Graphmatics A - F, so these become 05-27-04-E3, for instance.
    After development each negative gets its own 3 mil poly sleeve, and the sleeve goes into an 8x10 or 11x14 archival paper envelope from Light Impressions. Across the top of the envelope goes the neg#, and the name of the image, with the lens, filter and exposure imformation. Under that is a record of all the times I have printed that negative, on what paper, and the exposure and manipulations. In the paper envelope I include the best work print.
    The 4x5s and 8x10s go into hanging file folders labeled by date and subject. The 11x14s go into archival storage boxes, also from Light Impressions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the negafile sleeves with hanger rods and put them in small file cabinets. They are labeled by date and sequence similar to others mentioned here.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My negs are in a mixture of paper and plastic neg sleeves in large lever-arch binders. Not all are contacted (I started with good intentions but it's a slow and painful way of dying!).

I did have a go through a while back and sorted them roughly into category (urban landscape, rural landscape, portrait, family, etc.) but I'd hesitate before calling that a "system"!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

3 ring binders

I use three ring binders, with the appropriate page inserts.

My shot info sheet has a place for exposure notes (LF 4x5 & 8x10), development (N, N+ or -), chemistry (PMK, ABC) and printing info. The proof sheet goes in place in an office supply clear page holder (with any notes scribbled on the back of the print) and the film is numbered (year - exposure number, i.e. 04-24). This keeps all of the information in one place for film, exposure, development and printing. Although it seems a bit of a bother to set up, it is worth the effort when a year has passed and memory clouds over.

35mm or 120 just gets cut, put into sleeves for the roll and the contact sheet (8x10) goes with it with the three hole punch in the binder, then the date code (year - roll number, film type) is written in the margin. 35mm transparency gets the same treatment in pages for the binder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

need to source some envelopes

Hi, I'm finishing up my negative storage system and am trying to source some archival envelopes with a foldover top. I have found a few brands but do not need 500 which is what I keep finding, 100 is fine. My plan is to have the envelope, within that a negative in an archival sleeve, and a fully processed work print with notes. The envelopes will then be stored inside an archival box. If anyone can point me to some good envelopes in smaller quantities, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Hi, I'm finishing up my negative storage system and am trying to source some archival envelopes with a foldover top. I have found a few brands but do not need 500 .... If anyone can point me to some good envelopes in smaller quantities, thanks!
    Hi Sean, I need some as too. Would be willing to share an order with you, if that would be helpful. (I probably need 2-300 and have one or two friends that might be interested locally as well).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That would be great, we could probably go halves? pm me, gotta run

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin