Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,633   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does this seem reasonable for fotar 10X10 enlarger?

A fellow I've done business with for a number of years and from whom I recently bought a little darkroom gear has the following for sale at $750:

10x10 FOTAR ENLARGER

10' column

42”X62” baseboard

2 8x10 glass negative carriers

2 lens boards for shorter lenses 39mm mount

adapter for 4x5 Omega negative carriers

CHROMEGA F COLOR HEAD

KEARSARGE 703A TIMER

240mm 5.6 EL-NIKKOR LENS

Does that seem reasonable? I don't have room for it without a major modiication to my darkroom. It is in Houston. I'd be happy to get anyone in touch with him, if someone was interested. I've seen it and it is nice condition. Bill Barber
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fotar.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'ld buy it! Seems like a great deal to me.

Jon

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If I was in your position I would modify my darkroom. Buy the thing yourself.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

3e8

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm actually picking one of these up this weekend. I don't have the headroom for the 10' column either, put I've found posts that say you can cut the column, and just have to trim some cables to get it to work. I'll probably trim mine down to around 7'.

I was initially purchasing a 10x10 HK mural enlarger for $200 from a lab in NYC that was trying to clean out some room. I had agreed to purchase it, but the guy ended up not being able to locate the head for it, so he offered me the Fotar instead for the same price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very reasonable.

Buy it. Otherwise, later, when you decide you want one, the nearest one will be 500 miles away

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really don't need it, however that really hasn't kept me from buying something in the past. I have three enlargers stuffed in my darkroom now and have just bought a press and associated plate burner, etc for doing polymer gravure printing. I really don't need to spend the money. I do some 4X5 and 617 work now and my 5X7 enlarger will handle that.

I had hoped to help generate some interest in someone else buying this beautiful piece of equipment and see it get back in operation. It is sad seeing it sit idle. Bill Barber

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin