Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,432   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i think i see a 7x17 in the future.....
    Jim,I am very interested in your project and would love too see pictures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge,

The cameras all have back swing and tilt. Tilt is an axis design. Both the siwng and tilts have pretty good movements so if the camera is used vertically you don't lose any flexibility. I have the templates and plans for optional rear shift and rise, but this does add to the weight and cost of the camera.

When it gets colse to August 1, I can email you some images and addtional specifications.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim68134
    When it gets colse to August 1, I can email you some images and addtional specifications.
    Do that Jim, I look forward to seeing them and we will talk price and payment then.

Images
    Robert,
    Your idea sounds really neat. Probably not within my price range no matter what. I wish you louck. I am personally stumped on my 5x12. If you were not going to mill your hardware where might you get something like that?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Jim

sounds like you may have exactly what I'm looking for.

I have a Sinar 8x10 P and have been looking around for a junk Korona 8x20, I only want the back to mount onto the rear standard of the Sinar with new bellows of course.

Are you able to make me a back, holders and bellows so I can fit them to my camera?

I also wondered, instead of building a complete new rail camera why not build backs to fit the Sinar system? There's plenty of cheap Sinars out there waiting for the conversion.

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Claytume,

Right now my primary goal is to build ULF cameras or cameras of hard to get or custom format sizes. Keeping the cost down both for me and the customer is the single most important issue. I can do that by standardizing components, materials and manufacturing between formats.

At the present time I am quite consumed with getting the current project off the ground. But your idea is a project worth looking into. I have never owned a Sinar P so I would have to see one or have the camera in hand.

Email or pm me off line and we can discuss it further.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim
    I have a (un)healthy obsession with the 7x17 format and investing in a camera created by your company would be wonderful introduction into the format..... not to mention it sounds like a much more cost efficient way. I anxiously await your website/pictures.

Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim68134
    Claytume,

Right now my primary goal is to build ULF cameras or cameras of hard to get or custom format sizes. Keeping the cost down both for me and the customer is the single most important issue. I can do that by standardizing components, materials and manufacturing between formats.

At the present time I am quite consumed with getting the current project off the ground. But your idea is a project worth looking into. I have never owned a Sinar P so I would have to see one or have the camera in hand.

Email or pm me off line and we can discuss it further.
    Like Clayton, I have a Sinar 8x10 (F2). I would like to convert the rear standard to 11x14. Perhaps this thread will spark enough interest amongst Sinar owners to make it worth your while to investigate.
    Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex,

Clayton and I have talked off site and I think the conversions are quite doable. I discussed with Clayton building a back with tilt and swing, providing a new bellows and provide an optional 8x10 reducing back so you can still use 8x10 without having to put the Sinar back and bellows back on.
    We can build the 11x14 back to fit either fidelity/lisco holders or my own design. The 8x10 adapter would work with common style holders.

Contact me off line and I can give you further details.
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Alex

Jim sent me some very useful info and very very good prices, hard to believe in fact. One thing you'll note from Jim's reply, he didn't realise the Sinar conversion would only need the back frame and bellows, a standard isn't required as the Sinar standard can be used as is.
    Anyone who hasn't seen a Sinar in pieces will realise how easy the conversion is once they've seen what needs to be made.
    Like you I think a lot of Sinar owners would be interested in the conversion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin