Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,419   Online: 712

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 4x5 camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think they sell darkening materials like that in better photo stores. When I used to use my apartment bathroom as a darkroom, I simply used a simple wide tape and some heavy cardboard to seal the window (bathroom window aren't usually very big, and I just taped around the door. Real gaffer's tape can be expensive. A bathroom is actually handy, if you live alone, because there's an exhaust fan in it already.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    kevin, i just looked at your site. very, very nice work. loud hawaiian shirts eh? well....you live a lot closer to there than i do.

stores like Joann Fabrics, or any other comprehensive fabric store has lots to choose from. for my dark cloth, which is quite light-tight, we used two (and that's the key to making fabrics light-tight) layers of a high thread count cotton. on sale at the time (not uncommon), the stuff was quite reasonable. such a store is a good place to start in any case.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Hello John,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your feedback. Yeah, I figure the brighter and louder the better! LOL! I will have to go by the store on Monday. This could be very cool. How can you make contact sheets without and enlarger? I would love to be able to get contact sheets of the negatives I shot.

Thanks,

kev

There ar several articles in the Free Articles section of our web site tht might be helpful

www.viewcamera.com

Here are some books that might help

User's Guide to the View Camera by Jim Stone

Large Format Nature Photography by Jack Dykinga

Using the View Camera that I wrote

steve simmons

Images
    Kevin I just checked out your site too (the hits are going to be blowing up this week!) I saw your Groveland pic. I love Groveland! Gotta love the ol' Iron door Saloon!
    hi!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    LOL! The Iron Door Saloon. Yeah I just moved up here about a year ago to kinda get started again. I love the area. There are a ton of places to go and I am learnign them. And most of them arent even in Yosemite!!

Man I wish I had my new work on line

If you ever get up this way let me know.

Kev

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Hello Steve,

Thanks for the link. Have to head over there now and do some reading. So it is possible then to make contact sheets without the need of an enlarger right? Anyway off to reading.

Thanks,

Kev

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kjsphoto
    LOL! The Iron Door Saloon. Yeah I just moved up here about a year ago to kinda get started again. I love the area. There are a ton of places to go and I am learnign them. And most of them arent even in Yosemite!!

Man I wish I had my new work on line

If you ever get up this way let me know.

Kev
    Will do,

We try to get up there once a year or so. Some friends of ours have a place at Pine Mountain Lake.
    hi!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Yeah, PML is growing quite a bit and it is expensive especially for being up here. I do not live in PML I am further out which is nice.

I think the best time up here is when is snows also in a few weeks the flowers should be in bloom in the Kennedy Meadows area and the waterfalls are toning down a bit as well so you can start hiking the rivers.

I am planning on taking a trip over the pass a few times in the ext 2 weeks.

Kev

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin