Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,163   Online: 798

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

My new (old) Deardorff is here!

Holy Smokes! The Deardorff arrived today. I am a kid in a candy store, too bad I'm at work and won't be able to play with it until tomorrow

It truly is a quality camera. The build quality is really good, and although it has seen some serious use, I think it will be just fine after a little elbow grease / TLC.

Can't wait to mount my G-Clarons onto boards and go out and shoot with it.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Brian,

I remember the day my first 8x10 arrived. I had a smile on my face that just wouldn't stop. It was a very long two weeks for me before I had the first lens mounted and ready to go.

Congrats and enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing the work you and your new friend will make together.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    with that great deal you got on the Dorff you must be stoked!!

I should get out more often.. lately my life has bee npretty hectic so i'll be photographing more often now on...

Images
    The Bellows look pretty good. I think they'll last me a while, although my anal side will force me to replace it eventually. I made some temp lensboards out of Pergo flooring They aren't goign to warp, but I will eventually make some out of the proper wood. Can't wait!
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Holy Smokes! The Deardorff arrived today. I am a kid in a candy store, too bad I'm at work and won't be able to play with it until tomorrow

Brian
    Whoo...Hooo... Brian!!

The feeling of anticipation, I know it well

My Zone VI 4x5 outfit is scheduled to be delivered on Monday and my Wisner Convertible Plasmat Lens set is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

I'm off work Monday so it would have been nice for both of them to show up then.

'Oh well, I start vacation on the 12th so I'll have a week to play with it.

Good luck and have fun with your Deardorff!

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well this must be my lucky day.. When I got home from work my Zone VI 4x5 outfit was delivered today!

Jim

Images
    Sweet! I'm glad this place isn't like the classic car club I used to belong to. Every time a member bought a new car, they had to pay the year in pennies (a 1930 car would cost $19.30) With the rate that members are buying cameras these days, APUG would have to report quarterly earnings to the SEC )
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Congrats Brian. I got my 'Dorf last winter. The weather was bad for the first two weeks I had it and I was dying. The weather broke one Sunday late afternoon and I dashed out to bag a shot before the sun started getting low.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Congrats to all. I just got my 5x7 Grover today - it looks pretty cool. It must be Christmas all over the world!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey if you get too lazy to make proper lensboards, Camerawest in Monterey has some used factory boards for Deardorf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin