Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,069   Online: 757

Shooter
    35mm RF

Opinions on Wista 45VX

Hi Everyone.

A friend has offered to sell me his barely used Wista 45VX 4x5 Field Camera. I'm without a 4x5 field camera since selling my Toyo a year ago and have been doing mostly work in the studio. I'm ready to get another 4x5 field camera and was considering the Shen-Hao until this opportunity presented itself. But I'm not at all familiar with the Wista 45VX Camera and the Wista website is not in English. So, are there any Wista 45VX users on the forum that could lend some opinions on this camera.
    Best Regards,

Craig Maxwell

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Over the last year I decided that I needed to lighten my pack some. Thus, I sold my wonderful old wista and bought a toho. Now I've come to realize that the toho just doesn't fit my style. I'm going to put it up for sale and start looking at another wista or an ebony. The metal vx and it's cousin the wooden dx are both outstanding cameras. My only complaint has been their limited bellows draw. However, they both take a 400T so things aren't really that bad.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had a Linhof and hated it, traded it in many years ago for a Wista. Never looked back and really love it. It is about 35 years old and still holding up with no problems. Mine is rosewood and brass ,lovely to look at and delightful to use.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin