Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,575   Online: 1153

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just spent a few hours with Michael. He graciously shared his valuable time explaining portrait lighting to me. Of course being there I had to check out the Littman. I agree the center triangle thing to focus on is very light and at first i didn't see it. Didn't take long and I had it figured out. What surprised me was the weight of the thing. Michael handed it to me and I expected the thing to weigh quite a bit. I was pleasantly surprised by how light it was even with the ground glass back. I know a film holder will add weight, but for the ease of use that thing will afford you, the whole set up will not weigh more than my Mamiya. With the grafmatic backs that thing would work well for on the move portraiture where you want a really big negative. I could see it easily being used for shots of kids. It also has some possibilities for street photography. You won't be in the person's face to count their nose hairs, but you will surely get a very nice large negative to work with. I'm impressed and I know hubby will be resigned to a new camera. I will be nice and wait til next year.

I finally got out the Littman and shot off a few rounds.

This first shot was taken as I was walking across the street and almost got run down by some little old lady in her old beater. I was lucky to fire or a shot before she swerved, cut across somebody's lawn and headed off into the distance, cackling.

Thinking that perhaps I better stick closer to home, I just wandered around my yard and fired away. The statue in the foreground was commissioned to honor my mother- in- law. People marvel at the likeness and the fact that, yes, they both drool a lot.

The third shot is just the pool. Not much happening there. Just another day in paradise.

The last is my two bitches. WHoooooops, I mean my beautiful wife and my beautiful dog.

Later,

Michael McBlane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front Bumper 1.jpg   Our House 1.jpg   Our Yard 1.jpg   Susan and Asta 1.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    nice shack.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL@blansky's house

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael, I didn't realize that the littman had a self-timer. It sure was nice of your wife to allow you to snuggle into the photo with her.

Just between us, though, I think it's time for another dye job.

Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Jeremy,

She lets me snuggle with her all the time. No appointment necessary. And she just had her hair dyed, so what are you talking about.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was actually talking about you. You're looking quite white in the photo. I know all that time you spend drinking wine may keep you indoors and out of the sun but all of you hair seems to have gone stark white!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nice stuff with a nice 4x5" look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I dig it.

Thanks Guys.

David, what is a "4x5 look"?

As someone who has shot so much 6x6 that I'm very used to it, I love the whole depth of field smooth skin look of 4x5. So far.

But what is your opinion of a 4x5 look. What does 4x5 bring to the table that other formats don't?

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin