Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,051   Online: 827

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The 360/14" Artars are super lenses, no doubt about it. I've got a 14" and a 19"---super sharp and great for landscapes.
    OTOH, should you wind up with a tele (gulp!) tell us what you think about them after dialing in some tilts, shifts or swings and getting it all focused (bwa-ha-ha-ha!)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    He already mentioned that he ordered a 300mm f5.6 xenar (non-tele)
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Now that I have a Gundlach 4X5 Korona type wooden field camera with about 500mm of bellows (thanks Richard!) I will have no problem focusing the 300mm Xenar for portraits. Don't plan on taking it out too much since I have the Toyo but I am planning on finding a nice older lens for the Gundlach, to match for asthetics. I guess something in the 135mm range. Maybe a Dagor in an old compound shutter.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Apochromat 19 inch lens on e-bay really cheap

I was reading all the comments and there is a 19 inch on e-bay posted today March 31st 2011 for $49.00. That is a heck of a deal if anyone is interested. I would purchase myself but am out of work is money is tight.
    Matthew

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin