Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,271   Online: 987

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sorry I am coming into this a little late, as I have been on the road quite a bit as of late.

In regards to making this a "subscriber forum only" I think that is a perfectly WONDERFUL idea!

Incidently I am no longer a subscriber to VC.

Kind Regards,
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

GreyWolf rules!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fabulous idea Steve. Yes absolutely subscriber only, and you can sit in the Attila the Hun throne and decide who's in and who's out. Ramp the price up a bit and perhaps keep some of the riff-raff out right at the git go.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    John, do you get your VC from Robert White? If so, speak with them about access to the VC site - I get my password by email each month.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Fenner
    John, do you get your VC from Robert White? If so, speak with them about access to the VC site - I get my password by email each month.
    Yes I do Richard, thanks for the heads up, i'll get onto Robert White.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not a subscriber to VC, but I do like the magazine. It would be nice to have an open forum for those of us who are interested in LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it should be open to everyone, as there is a lot of information out there to be shared, and might bring more people to a point where they want to try large format. By the way, I am a subscriber.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    You know, the noise was also comming from Simmons, while he loves to mettle out criticism he is barely able to take it without calling it "personal" attacks.
    If he wants to create a forum where everybody agrees with him so that there are no "personal" attacks, that is all well and good, but he should take some responsibility for the crap that happens around him on these forums.

I have not seen anybody do any "attacks" on this forum, so why does he post this message here if not to incite more trouble?
    As they say, it takes two to tango and lets start calling a spade a spade.
    Frankly, I shudder at the thought of having a "personal" forum where the "experts" are all in agreement with Simmons, but who cares?
    And so it begins, again. Alas.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckled Edge
    And so it begins, again. Alas.
    That post is a month old bubba.....looks like nothing got started. It would be nice if you paid attention.

The View Camera magazine discussion forum will be up and running by Aug 2. It will be open to anyone who wants to participate with the following rule

Disagreemnts are fine as long as the post is respectful and professional. The ugly, snide, and caustic remarks too often seen in these grouips will be deleted and repeat offenders will be blocked from posting.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin