Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,691   Online: 1020

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    I think that I will stick with the extensive knowledge base, good humor, and intelligent and thoughtful discourse on APUG. Sean moderates whenever needed but I don't get the feeling that he relishes the very thought of exerting the power.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    Although I have thought about starting aView Camera magazine discussion group before this recent round of ugliness has made me start plans for a View Camera magazine discussion group on our web site. We wil start this foum at

www.viewcamera.com

on or about Aug. 1, 2004

We will have a panel of people ready to answer questions such as getting started in LF, lenses, pyro, view camera technique, etc.

I have not decided if this will be open to anyone or just subscribers. Any thoughts?

This new group will not tolerate the type of behavior that hasbeen repeatedly displayed on this and other forums where posters engage in character assasination and the name of the game is winning whatever the loss of civility and respect occurs along the way.

Stay tuned. More info will be posted on our web site by mid July

steve simmons
    Man that comes across as cheap ........ and nasty.
    Last edited by John McCallum; 07-26-2004 at 09:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

View Camera forum is now up and running

The View Camera forum is now up and running

www.viewcamera.com

steve simmons

Images
    Is there an echo in here?
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last edited by John McCallum; 07-29-2004 at 03:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    What ugliness did I miss? Of all of the photography sites I visit, and there are quite a few, I find this site more civil and helpful than any. Unless you want to fight about it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No ugliness left here.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Maybe I'm missing something......I thought that this was a LF forum?????

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've never been able to get the money together at one time to subscribe, but I continue to be a loyal reader every month. It would be nice if it was open to everyone, but maybe limiting it to subscribers could raise the standard a bit - and convince some of us to subscribe. OTOH, you wouldn't want to keep valuable information from people who havent gotten into LF yet.

Nice to see you on another forum, Steve. I've resisted the temptation to crack open June/July CA or July/August VC, I'm saving them for some beach reading on vacatino next week.
    -Jason Antman

"There is nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept." - A. A.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin