Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,120   Online: 824

Thread: 11X14 film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

11X14 film

Can anyone tell me what the measured size, actual size, of a sheet of 11x14 film is?

Thank you,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If someone who uses 11X14 film can give one a measure in either inches or metric I would appreciate it. I have two 11X14 inch glass plate film holders, one totally intact and the other needs some wood. Both have slides but I'm going to make a camera with the design based around the good holder. The glass is exactly 11X14 inches, there were two excellent glass sheets in the good holder. I've had these for years in a trunk. What I'm starting with is an 8X10 to 11X14 back extension before making a ULF camera. I have a set of springs for an 11X14 Deardorff and a ground glass, Satin Snow, that are begging for film.

Thanks,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, I just measured a piece of Efke 25 that is 10 15/16 x 13 15/16. A piece of HP-5 looks to be the same. I hope this helps and good luck. 11x14 carbon's are a nice size. Made 4 prints yesterday, all 11x14.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim, I decided that I'd make an extension back and a camera. As you know it takes more time to make the camera than an extension back. The other day I bought a pair of 11X14 Deardorff springs, nos, so that kicked it off. I've been looking at different designs, the Chamonix/Phillips design is nice and so is the traditional field camera design. In the mean time I keep looking for holders, not wanting to spend five hundred dollars for single holder, I might be making some single sheet holders. In making my own back and holders I can decide what the t-depth is. I am familiar with the standards having built a 4X5 Cherry and Brass field camera three decades ago. I even made the bellows for it, long before I knew about places to get them and kits. Racks and Pinions and Garolite are available within days as are bearings, shafts, fasteners and hardware. Sketch and design and build.

Four 11X14 prints, you've been busy, that sounds great!

Curt

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Thanks Jim, I decided that I'd make an extension back and a camera. As you know it takes more time to make the camera than an extension back. The other day I bought a pair of 11X14 Deardorff springs, nos, so that kicked it off. I've been looking at different designs, the Chamonix/Phillips design is nice and so is the traditional field camera design. In the mean time I keep looking for holders, not wanting to spend five hundred dollars for single holder, I might be making some single sheet holders. In making my own back and holders I can decide what the t-depth is. I am familiar with the standards having built a 4X5 Cherry and Brass field camera three decades ago. I even made the bellows for it, long before I knew about places to get them and kits. Racks and Pinions and Garolite are available within days as are bearings, shafts, fasteners and hardware. Sketch and design and build.

Four 11X14 prints, you've been busy, that sounds great!

Curt
    Glad to help! Transferring 2 more 11x14's as I write this. Well actually waiting for the second exposure to finish. Nu Arc just wen off! Time to work. Good luck on the 11x14.

Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin