Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,538   Online: 1079

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

A better ground glass?

I don't know where I saw this but it looked like something worth telling you about. It's suposed to be a better, finer ground glass. Check it out, the site address is...

http://www.satinsnowglass.com/html/products.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been using a "Satin Snow" GG on my Eastman 5X7 since the middle of April, I love it! The glass is at least a full stop brighter than my old "stock" GG (by measurement with my Luna Pro F) and much finer grained. Dave did a great job at clipping the corners 7/8" to fit my camera's back. His product and workmanship are top notch. I bought a second one as a spare and tossed my stock glass in the circular file.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have two being made up for me right now. Haven't received them yet so I can't comment on the quality, but the price is damn good!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just placed an order. The price is certainly right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks great, would be v tempting if I hadn't just shelled out the big bucks for a Fresnel

Interesting to know "[font=Century Schoolbook]Our Glass is the finest ground glass value on the market with several satisfied users"[/font]

Hopefully they'll sell some to APUG'ers and be able to change the wording to "[font=Book Antiqua]...with quite a few satisfied users[/font]"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now...Here is a newbie question for you all: What does "clipped corners" mean? If it means cutting away the corners a few mm towards the center, why is it done?
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Clipped corners make it very easy to tell when you are vignetteing from too much movements or bellows sag.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Looks great, would be v tempting if I hadn't just shelled out the big bucks for a Fresnel
    How do you like the fresnel? I used one at a place I worked and loved it while setting up the shot and composing but got frustrated when it came time to loupe it.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    How do you like the fresnel? I used one at a place I worked and loved it while setting up the shot and composing but got frustrated when it came time to loupe it.
    Exactly the same for me! Great for composing, and I try and do all focussing before using the ground glass - just to check. It got better when I stopped using the 8x loupe and went back to the 4x. Thing is, I love shooting in low light - sunrise, on or just after sunset and at night as well. Fresnel helps with all these situations

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Clipped corners make it very easy to tell when you are vignetteing from too much movements or bellows sag.
    Aaaaahhhhhh - thats what those are for :o ! Thank you Mateo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin