Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,440   Posts: 1,597,034   Online: 987

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Self quick load envelopes

I have a couple of old Polaroid 545 holders and for the most part, they're now useless since Polaroid is no more. Is it possible for a manufacture to make a kit where a photographer could load their own Quickload film? I'm thinking it would be made of very thin metal holder where one could load film. The envelope would also be made of thin metal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Easier to get hold of a Grafmatic back or two

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mido holders and the accompanying clamshell adapter are essentially that, but made of plastic. They have a tendency to be difficult to load and leak light at the edges. I have a bunch I use backpacking, but rarely at any other time due to the hassle. I've taped the edges of mine with foil tape to fix the light-leak problem and just deal with the long loading times when I need them.

They do work, and rather well sometimes.

Grafmatics, of course, are another option.

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Easier to get hold of a Grafmatic back or two

Ian
    Exactly.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

You guys are right

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Exactly.
    You guys are right. I guess I could use my Polaroid 545 holder as a doorstop now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    You guys are right. I guess I could use my Polaroid 545 holder as a doorstop now
    I believe they can do OK with Quickloads, which are still around. I may be wrong, however.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin