Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,862   Online: 1067

Shooter
    35mm

Question - Crown Graphic Shutter

I just received my Crown Graphic today. In looking it over, I have a question about the shutter. It's labeled a Graphex Full synchromatic by Wollensak. On the bottom is a lever with four Positions: Off, FX, M (in red) and M (in black).

Can someone explain the function of this.

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/G...terDiagram.jpg

It set the flash delay for various types of flash, FX being electronic flash (no delay) and the two coloured M's being for flash bulbs (delay would depend on the type of bulb).

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, figured it had something to do with the flash sync.

Will be fun figuring out all the rest. May need to send the shutter in for service unfortunately. Everything seems to work fine, except that I cannot move the shutter speed adjustment to the 1/400 position, will only go as low as 1/200. The speeds sound ok on all the other settings. Will probably try it out for a bit before sending it in.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fastest speed can usually only be set when the shutter isn't cocked, so try firing it then changing the speed. Also it takes more effort to turn the ring to the 400th because your tensioning an additional spring.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I didn't have the shutter cocked. I just tried again, and you are right. It will move to 400 with some extra force. Just didn't want to force it and cause damage. Strange how it turns relatively smoothly through all speeds until 400. I'll take you word that this is normal and just go out in the next couple of days and do some shooting.

Thanks Again.
    Last edited by LyleB; 06-22-2010 at 12:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin