Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,533   Online: 918

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    The Fuji and Nikkor 105W (and CM-W) lenses will cover 4x5. The Schneider 110 Super Symmar XL, and several 120's... Symmar-S, APO Symmar, and Super Symmar HM... all are excellent lenses, without having the bulk and weight of wide angle designs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I robbed a 127 Ysarex from a Polaroid 110a that covers 4x5 and allows for a good amount of movements. They are not expensive at all and can still be had off the evil auction.
    I've got one of those 127s that I robbed from a Polaroid as well. It's awesome for something that was headed to the trash bin at the time. It's mounted on a lens board for my Toyo. But it it just a bit big for this use.

A 105 would be awesome, and frankly the front standard off an old 6x9 folder would be a good choice, but the ones I've tinkered with so far - a couple of old Agfas with those horrible bellows that fall apart - have too much light fall off when you try to push them to 4x5.

Naturally I have nothing with a "good" lens in it. Just the remnants of the consumer stuff.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why not shoot to 5x7 if you can.... that will get you something extra out of your 90 for sure!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Why not shoot to 5x7 if you can.... that will get you something extra out of your 90 for sure!
    I've got a 4x5 homemade box for this particular project/experiment. (And I've got 4x5 film holders coming out my ears collected over the years!)

I do have a small handful of 5x7 holders, but I haven't started experimenting with that size yet.

I do have a 5x7 plan, however. Last year I bought an 8x10 FrankenCamera that needs a little more work. And the back to that 8x10 is readily changeable. My plan is to fabricate a 5x7 reducing back for it one day. Probably next year.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd say just get a 5x7 poco (or similar). I got one for something like $200 with a gorgeous convertible anastigmat lens.... sweet, super light, and fun to tell people that it's 100+ years old.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin