Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,637   Online: 962

Shooter
    Multi Format

Crown graphic and pa-45

Thanks for answering my newbie question. I just got a crown graphic with 135 optar and am really loving it, just got my first transparency back from processing and was astounded by the color and detail.

I've searched but haven't found a clear answer, can the pa-45 be slid under the ground glass or dose the glass and hood need to be removed, if so how do I do this, the instruction that i have seen don't really make this clear to me,

Thanks,
    Nik

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Does your crown have a graflok back or a spring back? Graflok has a chrome spring above and below the ground glass - if you push down on them and slide to the right, the GG panel will come off. If your panel has long black springs above and below each held on by a screw in the center, that's a spring back and it's not made to come off. The PA-45 might fit under the graflok but it'll be tight so its best to remove it.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, the pa45 works fine with the standard crown, I use it that way, slid under the GG.

Wait! I am thinking of the fujiroid back, not the instant film back... let me check now....
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Okay just checked, yes it slides under quite easily. You can also remove the GG entirely and use the graflok latches too. I recommend doing that if your shot might be screwed up by some slight repositioning of the camera. when you slide it under, it takes a bit of force and it can upset your tripod position if you're not careful.

After you slide it in, be sure to check that the back's in, all the way.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for these great and prompt replies. It is the crown graphic with graflok back, I didn't want to break anything, so i'm glad it works,

Nik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It did fit under the ground glass with out any trouble, I do need to get a sturdier tripod head as it does shift when I put the pa-45 in.

Thanks for your help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin