Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,810   Online: 878

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Inexpensive Bellows

Is there someone making bellows for different brands at a nice price?

I have Arca Swiss F-Line compact and need long bellows for it, but find Arca Swiss bellows very expensive :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I've started making bellows, but I'm not taking orders yet

Just made some for my Quarter plate camera, and tomorrow will be making a set for my De Vere whole plate (half plate/5x4) monorail, the patterns been ready for a couple of weeks. Total cost will be approx £10 ($14). It's not too difficult, just a little time consuming.

For a bit more DIYcameras offers a very reasonably priced kit.

Custom Bellows, Birmingham UK, though with make you the genuine bellows, they manufacture the OEM bellows for virtually if not all the European manufactures.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-25-2010 at 12:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Ian! Thanks a lot for your contributions here at Apug! I will contact Custom Bellows and check their prices Nice work with your custom bellows. Is there any link for how to make bellows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those look nice! When I acquire a camera that needs restoration, I’ll seek you out for info. Is there any chance of an article on bellows making on the order of your GG article?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can get a a full or partial kit from http://www.diycamerakit.com/ with materials and complete instructions

Shooter
    4x5 Format

teh diy bellows I made

I made this bellows for my 8x10, with the diy kit. Turned out nice, and was logical, simple to build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4990 021 (Large).jpg   4990 026 (Large).jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stillsilver View Post
    Those look nice! When I acquire a camera that needs restoration, I’ll seek you out for info. Is there any chance of an article on bellows making on the order of your GG article?

Mike
    That's in the pipeline as I have 2 or 3 more sets of bellows to make and must keep costs to a minimum, particularly as I won't get much when I sell my De Vere Monorail any way

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-28-2010 at 12:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin