Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,243   Online: 776

Shooter
    Medium Format

90mm Super Angulon on Ansco 5x7 Help

Ive mounted a 90mm SA on a recessed Linhoff Board (its the type with round sections that screw together) the room a round the shutter lever is so small it cant get my fingers in to activate the shutter (shutter is compur 00) so i tried to put a cable release on it but the cable release is rigid and the screw end is to long to fit (the cable screws straight into the body of the shutter), there is not enough room between the shutter body and the inside of the recess.

There seems to be 2 solutions :
    1. a L or J adapter - but it looks to me that as the cable release socket sticks straight out im not going to be able to get the adapter to clear the inside of the extension tube and id be no better off

2. change to an equivalent lens on a copal 0 where the cable release adapter is at a tangent to the shutter and would give me more room to get an adapter or cable in the recess

has anbody tried this setup will a prontor or hama L or J cable adapter fit or am i going to have move to a lens on a copal 0 (or compur 0?) shutter which will allow a cable on an angle ( will i also need the adapter?)

thoughts comments please

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure that you need a recessed board?

If you want to use the recessed board you can buy an angled adapter (Wista makes them and a couple of other manufacturers).
    You could also drill a hole in the recessed part and the board and another hole in the front part. Put the cable release into the camerside through the one on the front and straight down to the shutter through the hole in the recessed part. Cement the cable release in place and make sure it is light proof.
    This way you will have one cable release permanently attached to the lens/lensboard.

Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used SA 90/8 with my 5x7 Seneca mounted on plain lens board. The only thing to watch out is front of the rails stick into the picture in vertical format, unless you move the front and back standard forward.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jesper i am fairly sure i need to receesed board - with a flat board i can not get near to focus as i can not get the front and rear standards close enough together as the brass slide underneath the front and rear standard hit each other

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david_mizen View Post
    Jesper i am fairly sure i need to receesed board - with a flat board i can not get near to focus as i can not get the front and rear standards close enough together as the brass slide underneath the front and rear standard hit each other
    An angled adapter is what I use on my Ansco 5x7.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin