Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,587   Online: 903

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a 3¼x4¼ Anniversary Speed graphic, so no Graflok back.

Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Freestyle also lists Efke PL25 and PL100, but they look to cost more than 4x5 film. I have a 3x4 Graphic on the shelf because I though it would be cool to get one in each format, but I have doubts as to whether it'll ever see any use.
    Well I have an 1890's Quarter plate camera and I'm just making an adaptor to use a Gafles RH/10 back with it, so things can be done.

people convert the 3¼x4¼ to take a sawn down 5x4 back as well, but it's shame to cannibalism a camera like the one in question here

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is an Anniversary Speed Graphic in 3-1/4 x 4-1/4 format. Most of these had Graphic backs(also called spring back). Only a few were retofitted with Graflok backs at a later date. It would be difficult to use this camera with most roll film backs. Value of this camera should be $100-150. The flash included is a Graflex flash that the St#r Wart fans want to get their hands on. Value is $125-150.

Condition seems to be relatively good.

Good luck!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I would suggest going with a 4x5, and there are better deals out there. This kit has a lot of "stuff" that will never be used.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I would suggest going with a 4x5, and there are better deals out there. This kit has a lot of "stuff" that will never be used.
    It's a collectors not users kit, for display.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's a collectors not users kit, for display.

Ian
    Ian,
    I would tend to agree, but I own one just like it and I use mine occasionally. A 4x5 Speed would be a much more practical choice.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    3 1/4 x 4 1/4 film is still being made by Efke and Ilford make some during their ULF run if there is demand but it is very expensive.
    You can also cut down 4x5 film; something I do for my 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Graflex RB. Although I have a couple of boxes of the Efke stuff in the freezer.

If I were you I would hold out for a 4x5 model unless you can get this at a much better price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    3 1/4 x 4 1/4 film is still being made by Efke and Ilford make some during their ULF run if there is demand but it is very expensive.
    You can also cut down 4x5 film; something I do for my 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Graflex RB. Although I have a couple of boxes of the Efke stuff in the freezer.

If I were you I would hold out for a 4x5 model unless you can get this at a much better price.
    I will have 300 sheets of 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Ilford film delivered in September. You can buy some from me if you want. I just made the annual cutoff this year.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Having owned my fair share of Graphics, I'd stay away from the 3x4's which I have owned and get a top rangefinder mounted 4x5. Pickup a choice lens as it all comes down to the lens, the body is just a box. Make sure the bellows is light tight. Also, I'd stay away from the Graflok backs which make the camera heavier. Shooting a rollfilm back is annoying after the first or second time so stick with film holders. There's plenty of bodies around so shop it and don't get caught up in the got to have it now bs. Also consider you choice in lenses. Compare your favorite FL in whatever format to a chart for 4x5 film. Remember, what one would consider a wide FL in 4x5 is still a long FL in 35mm so depth of field is shorter. Personally a 135-150 Fuji would be a nice all around cheaper lens. 210mm minimum for portraits. Don't acquire all that crap in a kit. A modern lens takes normal filters and most often will not need an expensive shutter CLA, and forget a flash.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    $400 is a lousy price for that camera.
    3x4 graphics go for much less than 4x5's, and you can easily get a 4x5 for less than $400.

I'm sure someone here can set you up with a 4x5 graphic kit with lens, holders, etc, for about the same price.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Having owned my fair share of Graphics, I'd stay away from the 3x4's which I have owned and get a top rangefinder mounted 4x5.
    Wayne, I would put top mounted range finders on the "do not buy" list as they have a nasty habit of "loosing their marbles". See postings on graflex.org

Steve
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 07-03-2010 at 01:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin