Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,039   Posts: 1,560,688   Online: 1025

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Wayne, I would put top mounted range finders on the "do not buy" list as they have a nasty habit of "loosing their marbles". See posting on graflex.org

Steve

Half-wit Anyone with a brain would know if you put your marbles on the top range-finder they'll fall of when you move the camera

Sorry Steve couldn't resist that.

Although the top mounted range-finder was introduced in 1955 Graflex still old Graphics with side mounted range-finders one of ines early 60's.

The top mounted range-finder was on the MPP MicroPress first, much earlier (not the same make range-finder) but the MicroPress is a Speed Graphic at heart - same front standard, focus rails, shutter, bellows, lens boards, shutter release, just a different wooden box, back & door made in the UK.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I sure wish someone would find a quick and easy way to use standard Polaroid film in those cameras.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Etsy is not a good place for deals (yes I saw it there too)- unless the seller is really clueless. Look on EBay and KEH instead. KEH has some great deals on modern lens that make Ebay prices look laughable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Wayne, I would put top mounted range finders on the "do not buy" list as they have a nasty habit of "loosing their marbles". See postings on graflex.org

Steve
    Haven't been over in Graflex.org for a long time, but I repair Graphics and there's nothing about them that I can't unless it's machine work, but parts are available. The reason I say top mounted too is that the side mounted just picks up one lens, and not well on both extremes, and alot of people strip it off anyways for weight savings. My Graphics are all stripped of side mounts which come in varying degrees of crapiness; Mirrors, stripped screws, corrosion.
    Btw, OP, I have a friend that I met recently that has a top mounted with 127mm with what seemed like good shutter speeds for sale. Pretty clean body, good leather. If interested I could call him and put you in touch.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I figured to use the side range finder for one lens and the ground glass for any others. With either a wide angle or telephoto, I want to see exactly what is in the field of view and the details of the depth of field.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin