Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,506   Online: 857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've never had a problem with the dust (it must be as Francesco says - I don't worry about it and I don't have it.)

One thing that I have wondered about (and I don't expect and answer online) is the possibility that people who are experiencing dust problems might have dandruff and are shedding skin on their films while they load. If you're using a tent, it doesn't apply, but what about others who are dusty and frustrated? Do any of you also have dandruff?

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    You seem to have done pretty much all you can, except for one thing: have you cleaned the felt light traps on the holders?
    That's my vote too. Much dust and stuff lives there!

Try this:

With the holder vertical just insert the slide just enough until you see the edge come through. Now move the slide in and out so the edge rides the felt over and over. Use a vacuum as you do this.

Also the post-it idea sounds go too...though I never tried it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think maybe people who live in more humid climes get a pass on dust. When I lived in Florida, I only had problems when the air conditioning was drying out the air. Here in California, if I wait until the fog rolls in at night I have less trouble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Humidity does help. Try loading film in the bathroom on the counter. Run the shower really hot for a few minutes, let the dust settle for a few minutes, and load film. I've never used a changing bag, but it sounds like a dust magnet to me.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    If you are using a changing bag keep it always in its upright shape - i.e. avoid folding it down each time you are finished using it. My Harrison Tent stays assembled unless and until I need to travel with it. Folding the tent as you will notice necessitates pushing the air out which may attract the dust through the sleeves. Also try and avoid obssessing with the interior of the tent. It will remain dust free if we refrain from playing with vacuum cleaners and such inside.
    Francesco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin