Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,565   Online: 1238

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Got a new lens (Protar)

I was just looking at the auction place and got myself a protar with three elements. Sounds like it goes from 10 inch to 27 1/8 (254 - 690).
    I've seen these with 4 elements, sounds like mine comes with 3. (16, 19 and 27).

Should be fun. Good news bad news. The bad news is that I paid a lot for it, the good news is that it came with an 8x10 Deardorff (may need new bellows, recommendations?). Keeping my fingers cossed that everything is in good condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should be two groups, one front, one rear. Combined they make 10" & each group independently is an additional focal length. Probably three aperture scales on the shutter and the SN's of the groups are most likely consecutive numbers.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Jimmy;

John has covered the lens.

For the bellows, the one that will most likely have something in stock, or they will quickly make one from their patterns, is Custom Bellows, www.custombellows.co.uk.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks John, Ralph.

I'll try custom bellows and see what I can come up with.

I think from reading the description, the lens comes with three lens units, so you can make a 10" and a 12 3/4". I'll have to wait and see what arrives.

Thanks again,

jimmy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    DIY camera sells patterns or patterns + material for bellows. He's on the site pretty often.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats, Protars rule!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin