Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,032   Online: 797

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian, that's exactly what I need, but where on Earth does one find one? Certainly is an elegant solution!

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you'll have to make one. I sold mine with the baby lens board a couple of years ago before getting the Comur with no T or cable release with a Trinar lens which probably came off a Franka camera.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    www.mpex.com may have such parts around somewhere. I'd e-mail them. You could also try a shutter repair technician who is likely to have a good stock of older parts or who can fabricate things like Frank Marshman of CameraWiz in Harrisonburg, Virginia (search, and I've posted his contact info around here a few times).

Linhof made linkages like this, but they require a cable release adapter and are no longer made. I suspect they have the parts for them in some of their authorized service shops, but I believe they've generally replaced the QR system with a recommendation to use the short flexible Gepe extension cables, if you need them, which won't solve your problem, and if you can find a Linhof shop that will set you up with one of the original linkages with the cable release QR system, I wouldn't be surprised if it costs more than you likely paid for the lens.

What about tying a short length of fishing line or something similar to the lever and just pulling it to trigger the shutter without getting your fingers in the picture?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tony, I used the insert of a double screwed earth connector (your local electrician) and tapped a screw into the top to clamp the release. See photo in link
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisfor...7623878823730/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is no end to the innovation on Apug, fishing lines and earth connectors! I will have a go at both after I get the lens adapted to the 0 board. Thanks all!
    Shane, that Franken-Polaroid looks great, how well does it work?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    Shane, that Franken-Polaroid looks great, how well does it work?
    That does look good. I have Franken-Polaroid too (someone called it a Zeissaroid because of the lens).

Steve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails polaroid.jpg  
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one of these lenses as well, cool little lens mine is in the 00 shutter here is an image i made with mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails smaller.jpg  
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    That does look good. I have Franken-Polaroid too (someone called it a Zeissaroid because of the lens).

Steve.
    Just goes to prove there is nothing original in this world...

and to answer your question Tony, quite well, folds down and slips into the rucksack easy and its light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin