Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,547   Posts: 1,544,523   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Survey: How are you processing your LF film?

Please list your film size, film, chemicals and equipment, and a link to a sample picture, if you have one.

I'm asking because I just started, I'm using a Bessler 11x14 drum on a unicolor base and having mixed results, some great, some bizarre, sometimes in the same tank. I'm just interested in knowing what is common to use.

So, to start:
    5x7 (will be working with 4x5 soon)
    HP5
    D76 (have been experimenting with 1+3, supposing that development might be more even with the chemicals diluted more, have had some sort of inconsistencies in the highlights)
    Bessler 11x14 drum on a unicolor base

This is one of my most recent, you can see the problem a little in the upper left corner:

Alright...who's next?
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    sorry for the record, I would like this to be more a survey and less a what-is-sully75-doing wrong thread.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry no pic/scans, but...

4x5"
    Tray developing, 6 at a time maximum
    D-76 1+1

Very consistent results, no uneven developing, just the occaisional scratch, from yours truly

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With my Yankee Agitank or 5x7 tray.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    4x5" film, usually some Ilford FP4 or HP5
    Tank process in an HP Combiplan using Diafine or Rodinal 1+50, depending on the temperature in the house and my mood.
    I get decent results with the Combiplan, even though it does drip a bit if all the fiddly fittings aren't closed tight.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    for everything from 4x5 to 14x17, I use a Jobo CPP2+ and Expert drums. I tried tray development but that didn't work very well for me. Mostly FP4+, with the odd bit of Tmax 400 or Arista.EDU Ultra 200 (aka Fomapan 200) thrown in. Used to be mostly the Fomapan/Arista until they had to discontinue it. Just working through my existing stock of it now. Everything gets souped in Pyrocat HD because I do mostly alt-process printing.

You may want to look around for a Unicolor print drum.
    I soup my 8x10 12x20 & 5x7 panchro sheet film in a Unicolor. Ortho& 4x5 in trays.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For the record: it's a Bessler Print Drum...has slots for 5x7 and 4x5 film.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Large Format
    4x5, 5x7, 8x10. Tri-X, Kodak hangers in deep tanks, D-76 1+1.

I started that way in the '60's. Searched for silver bullets in film and developer many times over the years and always came back to what I knew. I'm retired now and, um, set in my ways. I will only change if Kodak stops making Tri-X, a possibility, the bastards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just started working with 4x5 myself. I'm using a Bessler Color drum (with 4x5 slots) and just hand rolling it on a 2x4 back and forth. I did pick up an Ilford motor base, but it's about 1/2" too wide for my Bessler drum. I'm looking at the HP Combiplan or the Yankee tank as a possible alternative as I need a daylight tank way of processing.

Paper negatives and contact prints are developed in 4x5 trays.

Other specifics:
    Film:HP5+, Fomapan 100, Paper Negatives
    Developer: HC-110

There are a few 4x5 images near the top of my flickr stream.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin