Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,566   Online: 1120

Shooter
    35mm

Polaroid Question

I'm planning on attending an auction this weekend where there will be some Polaroid up for grabs. From the pics on the auctioneers website it appears there is some 55, 59, and 79. Probably just one box of each (at least it appears as such from the pictures posted).

The question is, is it usable? If so, is it worth much? I'd hate to get all excited and bid up on it only to find it's completely worthless.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Usable? Probably. Working according to original specification... Probably not

It all depends on how it was stores. Maybe fine that out.

As for price... Maybe 20 per box?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That stuff is a crapshoot at this point, but people are paying *significantly* higher than $20 a box for 55 purported to be stored kindly.

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just opened a box of type 59 that was dated 1999. Developer was dried up in all of them. You can see stains where it leaked out of the chemical pods. Luckily I didn't pay anything for the box.................

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if you don't mind hand processing your #55 ...
    just shoot it like a readyload ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin