Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,340   Online: 1031

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

OMG!...Got it! ... Now I know!... Duh! ...OMG!...

I ve posted a couple of threads "Where are the examples of Cooke PS945 portraits"...no answer....silence. This is of course an analog site, it is what we are all about! Do you think those PS lenses are perching in front of a multi meg D%$#@tal back?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are some online shot on Fujichrome

So you need to go & look for them, I think Fujichrome's still a film not yet a sensor Unfortunately the production runs are quite small and the lenses rather expensive so you need to find images from the small number who bought one.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You just might be onto something here, Dave.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    There are some online shot on Fujichrome

So you need to go & look for them, I think Fujichrome's still a film not yet a sensor Unfortunately the production runs are quite small and the lenses rather expensive so you need to find images from the small number who bought one.

Ian
    Ian I have and am looking. Some of the posts from various venues past are up but the photos are gone. Even the Cooke site is quite dearth of portrait examples and some are not of portraits etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone on the UK Large Format site has one, not seen any images though.

But there are links to 5x4 transparencies on Cooke's own website.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have the cook XVb convertible lens and it is hard to find anyone having images with. But both lens are elite lens and see any imges on the web won't make it look good.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Per Volquartz, uses the Cooke convertible quite effectively, he posts on this forum. I think side by side examples of the Cooke P945 and other SF lenses would indeed be quite beneficial and and the nuances noted. Clive has some lovely portraits on his website, possibly some of these are the Cooke...I have sent him an e mail.
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 08-08-2010 at 02:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: appalun spelun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wasn't one production run just a 100 of one of the Cooke lenses recently ? I think that's what I read, many will get bought by collectors and never used.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I found Clive's site. He has a section with info on both the convertible 8 x 10 and the 4x 5 P945. A definitive portrait on this site is the one titled "Alex" it is however taken at f/8 and is quite sharp. The background is a "defining characteristic" at f/8. I have also found quite a lot of flower arrangements in color showing the soft side quality at wider f stops. A portrait photographer is probably most interest in how at these wider stops the lens affects the tonal contour of the face, don't you think?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Per Volquartz, uses the Cooke convertible quite effectively, he posts on this forum. I think side by side examples of the Cooke P945 and other SF lenses would indeed be quite beneficial and and the nuances noted. Clive has some lovely portraits on his website, possibly some of these are the Cooke...I have sent him an e mail.
    The Cooke XVb Triple Convertible is a wonderful lens :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Wasn't one production run just a 100 of one of the Cooke lenses recently ? I think that's what I read, many will get bought by collectors and never used.
    I managed to get hold of one of these PS945s but haven't been able to use it in anger yet. Will post when I've something to show...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin