Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,553   Online: 1039

Thread: Lens question

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Lens question

Here's another newbie question.

I have a just noticed something about the Technika Symmar 150mm (Schneider-Kreuznach) lens on my Technika V that I had not seen until now. There is an additional set of specs printed on the front element:

The lens front says Symmar 1:5.6/150 (in white) and then 1:12/254 (in green). The f stops also have a duel set of numbering f5.6 to f45 (in white) AND f12 to f45 (in green).

Is this some kind of duel purpose (convertible) lens?

Thanks for your insight.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by shicks5319
    Here's another newbie question.

I have a just noticed something about the Technika Symmar 150mm (Schneider-Kreuznach) lens on my Technika V that I had not seen until now. There is an additional set of specs printed on the front element:

The lens front says Symmar 1:5.6/150 (in white) and then 1:12/254 (in green). The f stops also have a duel set of numbering f5.6 to f45 (in white) AND f12 to f45 (in green).

Is this some kind of duel purpose (convertible) lens?

Thanks for your insight.
    Yep, remove the front cell and focus only with the back one, you will see you have almost doubled your focal lenght. I beleive Schneider has a web site with a lot of info, perhaps you can find your lens there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi there

here is the link to the schneider website jorge mentioned:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/...at_lenses/#q13

if you go to 'info' you can determine the age of your lens too ( if you were wondering )

-john

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You might find the rear cell alone to be on the soft side, but that can make it a nice portrait lens, and it will sharpen up at small apertures.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin