Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,947   Online: 1013

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Sandy,
    This may be what you want. On the main page under (just checked and you can get there from here) top of the page "Member Links" open that and there is a buddy/ignore list. Look there and see if that will work for you.

lee\c

Lee,

I can find an Open Buddy List but no Ignore list. The Open Buddy List is located on the main line between Mark Forums Read and Log Out. When I click on Buddy List there is still no Ignore List option?

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have it when I click on "Member Links". Try refreshing the page in your browser. Maybe you have an old version in your cache. I think you can also get to the buddy and ignore lists via your profile. If refreshing doesn't work, try going to your profile.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Lee,

I can find an Open Buddy List but no Ignore list. The Open Buddy List is located on the main line between Mark Forums Read and Log Out. When I click on Buddy List there is still no Ignore List option?

Sandy
    Go to a post from a user you want to ignore. Then click on their name. The last option on the dropdown menu is add to buddy/ignore list. click on that. Type their name into the ignore section, and you're set. You won't see posts made by that user again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ignore.jpg  
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Go to a post from a user you want to ignore. Then click on their name. The last option on the dropdown menu is add to buddy/ignore list. click on that. Type their name into the ignore section, and you're set. You won't see posts made by that user again.
    Thanks. I now see how this works.

Sandy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So far, I am very happy with the Cooke. When I get around to doing my test, I will post the results.[/QUOTE]

I'm very glad to hear from an actual owner! Thank you for responding. I would be very interested in the comaprisons with your other lenses. This is something I wish had been in the VC article. I know you're no scientist (neither am I) but subjective input from someone who can do this type of comparison would be very interesting. Will you do some formal testing\comparision or will it be rather informal? Anything you can provide would be of interest to me and others, I'm sure.

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Mike,

I am going to use a lens resolution chart and photograph it with all 3 focal lengths of the Cooke and then photgraph it with my nikkor 300m, fuji 450c and my Fuji 600. I consider those all to be sharp lenses in particular the fujis. I am also going to do a "real world" test and go out and take a some sort of landscape and also some close-up work using all the abovementioned lenses and lay them up side-by-side and look at them with the naked eye and a loop.

A couple of weeks ago, I was down at Bean Hollow/Pebble Beach (not the famouse Pebble Beach) and I was working some rock formations that had many small pebbles within the rock formation. I was doing work this formation close-up and the resulting negative and print was as sharp as anything I have done in the past.

Again, I can't say enough about the coating on the Cooke. It is like no other lens that I have. You can see a brillant purple and green.

Will keep you posted.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have people waiting all over the world for your comparative test.....I just wanna be sure; we all wanna be sure!

Cheers,

Tom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    One word of warning...

I have heard that the price of the new lens iwll defenitely be more than the last price. I was told that the dollaor has gone down 30% vs the Euro. If htis is correct, this alone would build in a 30% markup even without a price from England. One starts to wonder if it is worth $3k+ to save a few lbs in a backpack. I already have fix-focal lengths that cover the ranges of the convertible lens. So, I have to wonder what advantage this lens offers to me. Can it outperform the lenses that I have (Fuji\Nikkor\Schneider)? If it weighs a few pounds less, do I really care if I mostly work out of the car with my 8x10? When I pack the gear, my f64 backpabk is already loaded with enough stuff plus the weight of a Reis tripod for goodness sake. Is a few pounds less worth $3k? Now if this was a casket set with several more elements that covered a wider focal length range for my 8x10, then I'd be interested.

I wonder who this lens is a good choce for? Is it just someone interested in savin g a few pounds? Certainly, not the 3-focal length. One can go on eBay and pick up 3 lense to cover this focal length for a lot less than $3k. If weight doesn't matter to you, then why the convertible lens. I suppose there are those who just want to own one, practical consderations be damned. I even feel that way sometimes.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not putting anyone or anything down here. I'm just wondering what the motivation would be to buy the lens. If this was a casket set like Ron Wisner offers that provided wide angle thru normal and into long focal lengths, then I'd be will to plop down $4k or so for set.

Don't anyone get annoyed with me, I've had a few glasses of wine with a steak dinner with a nice lady and the thoughts are flowing freely. But they aren't bad musings if you look at them. God bless Cooke for making the lens, I say. I just wished thye'd come out with a casket set that didn't cost $8k or something like that.

I'm going to bed.....

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

Britain doesn't use the euro - not yet anyway. The price would be determined by the dollar/pound value.

Steve

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok, then it must have been the dollar\pound ration that had gone bad for the dollar by about 30%. Still bad news for the upcoming price of the next batch.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin