Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,849   Online: 1096

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=Fragomeni;1047643]
    [\quote]
    I've actually come across more then I can count and I've never met one that couldn't fire a solenoid. If the flash gun can fire the flash then the electrical signal from the battery is being conducted and transmitted so as long as there is no short in the outlet in the flash gun there should be no reason for it to fail to fire the solenoid.
    Really? I'm surprised. Maybe that is a U.S. phenomena. Where I live (UK) a large press camera style flashgun in working condition would be a bit of a rarity. I'm lucky enough to have one, complete with solenoid set-up - which looks really good on a Speed Graphic, but alas the batteries are no longer available and the capacitor is kaput, so it is a show piece only (for the time being, at least).
    Maybe there is a business opportunity in shipping a crate full of working ones over here? Pot-holers and cave photographers seem keen to snap them up

This is exactly what I've decided to do. When set up with this particular lens the flash (x) will be connected to the bi-post via the appropriate cable (I'll probably either make one or order from Paramount) and the shutter will be tripped by cable
    Should do the trick!
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_e007 View Post
    Really? I'm surprised. Maybe that is a U.S. phenomena. Where I live (UK) a large press camera style flashgun in working condition would be a bit of a rarity.
    They are available easily on ebay... an, yes, generally by U.S. sellers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    but alas the batteries are no longer available
    I just use modern batteries in all of my flash guns. D cells in the Speed Graphic flash guns and C cell in some smaller flash guns with other cameras.

If you need one I guess just buy from the U.S. Don't know why the ones over there dont work!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

The bi-post on the shutter is just a set of contacts in the shutter, with time delay set by the m-f-x lever. It is NOT a solenoid, NOT an input. It triggers a flash or bulb. If you want to trigger the shutter by solenoid, you need the solenoid. There is no solenoid inside the shutter. It mounts at the side of the shutter, on a bracket that mounts under the shutter, and pulls the shutter release.
    Jim Galvin

easter NY, 2 miles so. of Canadian border
    Shooter
    Large Format

A-men!

Right on jim---and very simply put!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin