Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,336   Online: 966

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    I use a Seconic L-398 Studio Deluxe and i am extremely happy. My only complaint would be it is not very sensitive to very low light work. But other than that, i am loving the batteryless operation..
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs003
    I'll second that!
    i'll third that!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Patrick, I have a Sekonic L508 and I love it maybe as much as Jorge loves his. A tear comes to my eye whenever I loan it to a friend, for fear of what might happen to my baby. Seriously this thing is the do it all meter and has been very reliable. I've also used a Gossen Luna Star and a Minolta spotmeter, the sekonic IMO takes the cake. Good luck

You wont find anything in the view camera article that is not better explained in the instruction manual. So read the manual, it is very helpful.

We wrote the article in View Camera because people were coming to ur workshops not knowing how to operate the meter even after going through the manual. Having another resource never hurts.

Try the free artiucle on the View Camera web site. If you have any questions just let me know

steve simmons
    largformat@aol.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Without an indication of the budget you're on, I love my Gossen Starlight meter and would recommend it to anyone. Have a look into one as another option on top of the Minolta, Pentax and Sekonics.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Polaris with a 5 spot attachment, as BMAC, said pretty much a joke, but the meter is good and easy to use. Have not checked prices, but at the time it was $100 USD less than the Minolta, so I bought it. The reason, I was a putts and sold my old analog Pentax spot meter - wish I had it back....
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The pentax spot meter (I have the digital) takes some beating and is of course simple, ergonomically perfect and has no features I do not need. It also has superb build quality. Perfect for field use if that is the application.

Tom

jbj

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Adorama digital spot meter is very simple, reliable, and rugged. It costs significantly less than the Pentax meters (~469$ pentax vs. ~249 adororama). Not to mention that the batteries used in the adorama are much cheaper and easier to find. I have no reservations recommending the adorama digital spot meter. good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Minolta and it is a great meter, I bought the booster2 attachment for it and now I can take direct readings off the ground glass of my view camera. It is a nice feature for those times when you wish you had TTL metering for the view camera.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll stick with my old Luna Pro....still works perfect. I refuse to spend several hundred dollars on a light meter.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    The Minolta. Would not trade it. Very accurate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin