Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,368   Online: 862

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images

Help in shopping for a new light meter

Two years ago I finnaly gave up my blood fued against electronics, got rid of my Weston Master II's, and put a Gossen Luna Pro SBC in my pack. It has been a reliable meter, but it has given up the ghost. Now I have a lot of attachments for a meter I can not use.

I know I'm going to get a range of responces, but what meters do you trust. I'm leaning in the Minolta IV or Sekonic L508 direction. If ya'll can help in that area it would be appreciated. Any info on older or newer models of the same lines would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Patrick Pitzer
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by veriwide
    Two years ago I finnaly gave up my blood fued against electronics, got rid of my Weston Master II's, and put a Gossen Luna Pro SBC in my pack. It has been a reliable meter, but it has given up the ghost. Now I have a lot of attachments for a meter I can not use.

I know I'm going to get a range of responces, but what meters do you trust. I'm leaning in the Minolta IV or Sekonic L508 direction. If ya'll can help in that area it would be appreciated. Any info on older or newer models of the same lines would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Patrick Pitzer
    I use a Pentax digital spot meter and it works great for me. I also have a Digisix (Gossen I think) that is used when I want a small incident meter (like for my folders). I think the simpler the meter is the better it is - as long as it is accurate. The Pentax fits this perfectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have got the Minolta VF with spot attachment and I must say it is very accurate and can measure both ambient and flashlight.
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use a Seconic L-398 Studio Deluxe and i am extremely happy. My only complaint would be it is not very sensitive to very low light work. But other than that, i am loving the batteryless operation..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will second the recommendation for a pentax digital spot meter.
    Facts are facts; however, perception is reality.

On our web site in the free articles section there is an article on Zoning with the Multi-Tasking Meter.

www.viewcamera.com

If you do daylight work and any strobe in the studio these meters can be very useful

steve simmons

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    I use a Seconic L-398 Studio Deluxe and i am extremely happy. My only complaint would be it is not very sensitive to very low light work. But other than that, i am loving the batteryless operation..

I'll second that!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a Sekonic 508 and absolutely love it. The new ones seem to be a lot better as this was the first of the dual meters. If you can afford one, get it.

You wont find anything in the view camera article that is not better explained in the instruction manual. So read the manual, it is very helpful.

Images
    I've got the minolta, it's simple and works well. The spot accesory is a joke though. 5 or 10 degrees depending on the model you get. Too wide for me. I also cary a Pentax spot meter for when I need it.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pentax Spotmeter (analog version). Love it! I use it about 95% of the time, because I am usually measuring SBRs.

I also have a Gossen Luna Pro SBC that has provided long and faithful service.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin