Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,632   Online: 984

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I could not believe you could not change the format and did a search and found you can do it, just not as easy as a rotating back.

"The film back is not rotatable, but is easily taken out and put back vertically or horizontally without much fuss. "
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SINAR Fs and Ps do not have a revolving back either, so it is not something that was skimped on for the A.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sinar must think. whats the hurry.

How about a B&J Rembrandt? Two rails being better than one (and all that!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew plume View Post
    a plug here for the Sinar A1 (aka Alpina I believe) - a very decent entry level monorail - doesn't have the revolving back but it has everything else
    I can't seem to find any info about this camera, apart from its comparison to the other Sinar models. Moreover, I can't seem to find any one available on ebay (to check photos, etc)...

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    How about a B&J Rembrandt? Two rails being better than one (and all that!)
    Now there's a camera I definitely can't find any info about.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Sinar must think. whats the hurry.
    It only takes a few seconds (at least on F & P series). Flip a lever, take off back, put back on, push down lever. Probably 3 seconds? About the time of inserting a film holder and pulling the slide.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kierstead View Post
    It only takes a few seconds (at least on F & P series). Flip a lever, take off back, put back on, push down lever. Probably 3 seconds? About the time of inserting a film holder and pulling the slide.
    Well that is pretty good then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that it is not effectively less quick than turning a revolving back that has a button or a lever on it. I always end up fiddling with those way more than with the flipping SINAR mechanism. Now, the Linhof revolving backs are another story. They just pop nicely into and out of place without any fiddling. However, when it gets down to it, I don't find any practical difference between the different ways of changing orientation unless shooting hand held. If I have time to set up a tripod or studio stand, I have 10 seconds to turn the glass the other way.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 09-01-2010 at 05:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I finally got an Omega/Toyo View 45D for 76$ - camera arrived yesterday, all seems fine, now I need a lens and I'm good to go.

Good to go, I say? Not really - I'm somewhat anxious about my tripod - it's the typical Manfrotto 055XPROB with the three way head, and while it surely can hold the camera weight, everything I touch results in vibrations that shake the whole assembly. Can I do anything to improve the tripod's stability or do I need to get a bigger one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, it's not too heavy, I think it's the head that's not too stable for such a big camera.

I'm looking around ebay and a (used) 029 tripod head can be had for a quite nice price - I guess it totally fits all current Manfrotto tripods, yes?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin