Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,561   Online: 763

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah, the 029 works with all Manfrotto tripods.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Yeah, the 029 works with all Manfrotto tripods.
    Great, this is such a wonderful solution, thank you..!

...now I need to make an Anniversary Speed Graphic to Toyo View adapter, or at least find a decent cheap normal lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thicktheo View Post
    So I finally got an Omega/Toyo View 45D for 76$ - camera arrived yesterday, all seems fine, now I need a lens and I'm good to go.

Good to go, I say? Not really - I'm somewhat anxious about my tripod - it's the typical Manfrotto 055XPROB with the three way head, and while it surely can hold the camera weight, everything I touch results in vibrations that shake the whole assembly. Can I do anything to improve the tripod's stability or do I need to get a bigger one?
    That's Excellent Theo !
    More bang for the buck with an Omega View.
    And you have lots of money left over for Film,
    and other Goodies !

Enjoy The Weekend

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I agree that it is not effectively less quick than turning a revolving back that has a button or a lever on it. I always end up fiddling with those way more than with the flipping SINAR mechanism. Now, the Linhof revolving backs are another story. They just pop nicely into and out of place without any fiddling. However, when it gets down to it, I don't find any practical difference between the different ways of changing orientation unless shooting hand held. If I have time to set up a tripod or studio stand, I have 10 seconds to turn the glass the other way.
    Intellectually I agree, but emotionally I beg to differ for different reasons. My eyes once watched my hands fumble a back, and as it tumbled toward the ground the GG shattered as the back tried grabbing onto the tripod handle to save itself from the fall. My brain still hurts and my eyes still cry when thinking about that event. Note: this situation never happened with a revolving back camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...so I bought the Omega, then I got a Schneider Xenar 150mm/f5.6 (Copal #0) to get me going, and I also got a no-name Copal #0 lensboard.

...now I try to fit the Xenar on the lensboard, and I can't get the retaining ring all the way down to make the lens secure on the board, because there's a small screw sticking out in on the back on the lens... is this normal? am I supposed to do something with this screw? should I unscrew it or make a small hole for it on the lensboard?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I remember correctly, the screw is for securing the lens to a lensboard. Remove it (don't lose it!) and just screw the retaining ring all the way down. That'll work fine, too.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin