Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,134   Online: 1048

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ugh! Bellows getting place?

Seems as if everyone who has a bellows camera (well, almost everyone) will at some point in time need to replace their bellows. Finding a reliable supplier at a reasonable price seems to be a major challenge based on the inquiries on this list. DIY has moved and isn't supplying kits currently, Custom Bellows won't respond, the guy in Hawaii also doesn't respond and so on . . . There is a firm out of Japan that sells bellows on eBay, however getting through the maze to contact them directly is also a challenge.. I guess eBay figures my one-off bellows needs to be custom made and sold on eBay. I'm not an eBay hater, however gumming up communications really doesn't work for this situation. Anyone know a direct contact for tokyophoto on eBay?

Perhaps we should start a sticky posting on people who have actually been able to get some bellows made recently . . . if there is such a thing.

Bill Barber

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try Western Bellows in Etiwanda CA (basically San Diego). I don't think they have ever had a website, but you can contact them at westernbellows@aol.com or (909) 980-0606. I haven't used them in quite a while, but they did very good work for me.

Hope that helps
    Tom

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's my experience that everyone has a favorite method of communication, ranging from pigeons to email or skype. With Custom Bellows it's the good old telephone!

Call Keith at:

work: +44 (0)121-766 7919
    mobile: +44 (0)7775-666 118
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Westernbellows@aol.com is no longer a good address. I'll try the phone number on Friday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sent custom bellows an email asking if they were still in business and if Bull dog was still in business. I also asked for a quote on new bellows for my Keith 5X7 camera. They responded with the quote at 120 pounds plus packaging and postage. So it appears they are still in business. I'll keep folks posted on the progress. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Custom Bellows in England makes superior bellows at reasonable prices. Their turnaround time is much faster than Western Bellows, even for those if us in the U.S.

http://www.custombellows.co.uk/
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Custom Bellows, formerly Camera Bellows, and Glanville's before that make most of the OEM bellows for camera manufacturers, and have done since WWII. So with many camera's a replacement from them is identical to the original. There's still a Glanville connection.

Drawing up your own patter & making your own is another option. I'm well into making my third set at the moment, it gets much easier each time.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Custom bellows is definitely still in business and they do answer emails - at least they answered me!
    I got a quote just a couple of months ago.
    Be sure you are using the right email address:

info@custombellows.co.uk

They are smaller than they once were and maybe slower to respond to email, but as Ralph says, maybe best to ring!
    Steve

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like Custom Bellows has a lot of happy customers. I'm one of them. They made a perfect replacement for my Linhof bellows for a 1/4 of Linhof's price.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm well on the way to being a happy customer. I've exchanged several emails with them and am on my way to the post office to send them my old bellows as a pattern. I may be the cause of the prior no response, as they have responded very quickly to my recent emails. Bill Barber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin