Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,377   Online: 950

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I've noticed that the smaller-size polaroid film (FP100C as opposed to FP100C45) is much cheaper. I've thought about switching to it, but then it's worthless for checking composition, so not much good there.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just got back from Iceland, used the fuji-roids to document people I met and places I went.

went straight into my daily travel journal.

great product, so you can make a photograph of someone, and they can see it right then and there. Sometimes I'd shoot a 2nd one if they wanted one(only if they asked however )

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    I shot 4x5 polaroids to use for image transfers and emulsion lifts. They're really awesome if you get some great subjects. Portraits work well.

I now shoot a Polaroid Mio with Fuji Instax Mini film for fun.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    My B&W Polaroids were made as one of a kind images. Matted and framed they were good sellers.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can of course turn the discard sheet into a neg with a little bleach. I just started playing around with this so I haven't made up my mind yet, but even at $3 a sheet, it is cheaper than neg film (color anyway). I shoot the smaller size, so I am only into it for $1 per image. I haven't done any b&w yet, but it may be possible to get something enlargeable akin to a 55 neg. I love shooting Fujiroids. There is also something special about it even in this digital age. It still has a wow factor about it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi to all,

In 1979 I became part of the Polaroid Collection. 50 photographers working with Polaroid materials. Too date the Collection has 3 of my images it was a great time to work with and instant return of your vision. Over the years I have used Polaroid for may own work and for commercial uses. For those that work with Di2%*al materials good luck. In the years that I worked Polaroid was much easier and less to carry around.

On the art side of the material most of you know about the BIG COLLECTION SALE, an AA for $722,500.00 that was one of the images from the Land collection. My 3 images are part of the rest of that body of work 16,000 to 22,000 images. A big collection of great artwork. It was a fun time and Polaroid was a great material to make ART with.

Jan Pietrzak

ps the AA that sold was a big SG print not a Polaroid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    55 and 665 were an important part of my work because of their incredible negative.
    I still have a huge stack of 665 that I keep for one more (and last) polaroid project.
    I need to hurry.
    :-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Polaroids are social. Polaroids allow you to participate in a scene instead of just observing it. I use instant film (Fuji) in my street and travel photography because it opens doors and makes things happen. It changes you from a creepy dude with a camera into someone who people want to be with. Maybe I sound crazy but it is true. I have had many adventures because of my instant camera.

Ask Louis Mendes. Just saw him the other week selling 4x5 Fuji color prints for $20. In the 20 minutes we were talking, he sold 3.

Keep in mind that both the Fuji FP-3000B and FP-100C allow for recovery of the film negative for later scanning and enlargement. You can give away your pictures, keep a copy for yourself, and not need batteries or computers in the field.

Think social. Think interaction. Think people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rarely use them, though I have shot entire projects consisting of hundreds of prints on them in the past.

I will most often use them when I am using more complicated than normal flash set ups in studio, and I want to make absolutely sure that I did not overlook some element in the composition, that there is not some lighting problem I did not notice, or in other situations just for the subject's/client's curiosity. I also use them when using a mix of artificial and outdoor lighting when shooting large spaces (i.e. a living room). In other words, on the occasions when the picture can be more difficult than normal to visualize when using artificial light and a set-up scene.

They do little good helping you with precise exposure and color IMHO.

They look neat for some things. I like the Fuji color products better than the bona fide Polaroid ones, though I liked the Polaroid black and white offerings better than Fuji's. The exception was that I loved using Polaroid's tungsten-balanced color prints, as I shoot with hot lamps as well as flashes.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Keep in mind that both the Fuji FP-3000B and FP-100C allow for recovery of the film negative for later scanning and enlargement.
    Is this true? I thought only the legendary Type 55 allowed that. How do you do it?
    f/22 and be there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin