Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,907   Online: 1150

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Help pricing Wisner 8"X10" to sell

I'm about to sell my Wisner Traditional 8"X10" and am having a hard time pricing it.
    Does anyone know of a "Blue Book" for cameras, or any other suggestions.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rory

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look on eBay. Be aware Wisners reputation for shoddy work among a little bit of excellent work has kept the price of his cameras lower than some might expect. Be very careful and accurate in your description and have good photos to show condition.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    I'm about to sell my Wisner Traditional 8"X10" and am having a hard time pricing it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rory

OH Rory, say it isn't so!

No blue book and it's aesthetic condition has as much to do with how it sells as its function. People still want something pretty if they are going to pay the big bucks.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    Thanks in advance,
    Rory
    You might shop or talk to some used camera dealers and find out if they have an idea of value or the other option might be to suggest that you are looking for one and get them to ballpark a price on what they think you might have to pay. I would get at least three estimates of what it would cost you and then go from there. The other factor you need to consider is how fast do you want to sell it. Are you willing to be patient enough to get your price?

What accessories are you going to sell with it and how much do they add to the price? Do you think you would get more by parting out the accessories and lenses?

Just my thoughts,

Jason

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Call Midwest Photographic Exchange and ask them to make you an offer. They will give you a fair offer and I've sold stuff to them a few times to avoid the hassle of using Ebay. Or if their offer isn't enough, add some % to their idea and sell it here.

Cheers,
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As much as we all seem to hate it, eBay seems to be a fairly good place to determine "Market Value." Were it mine and I wanted to sell it the following questions would be asked by me of myself to get me in the ball part:

If available new, for what price are they currently selling?

What do I have in the camera and what do I feel I need to get out of it?

If available used either through used camera dealers or auction sites, for what are they selling?

How much of the kit do I want to sell? The more you include the more likely you are (in my opinion) to find a buyer. If you are selling the lens/lenses, I'd probably sell it separately. The advantage of splitting a kit up is you may generate more cash. The disadvantage is that you may end up with some odd pieces that don't sell and for which there is a limited market.

When I sell something on eBay, I generally have in miond what amount I would be pleased with on the auction and set that as my reserve (that amount plus transaction fees). I then figure an amount that I would be very happy with and offer the item at a "Buy It Now" price at that level. That number is usually somewhere around 20 to 30 percent higher than my reserve. Many people would prefer to pay a little premium to know they are going to get the item they are bidding on. On an item like this, I would have it be a 10 day auction ending on a Sunday evening.

If you decide to sell it on eBay you need to have good photos and good words. Be sure both are your best.

Bill Barber (who buys and sells frequently on ebay as "nsurit")

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Watch this for some idea as to what price they might be selling for these days. eBay#110580827422

Bill Barber

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks folks, for some great thoughts and ideas. I appreciate the input very much.
    Rory

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I bought my 8x10 Traditional from Midwest 3 years ago for $1200. Condition could be said to be between good and great depending on who's appraising.

Hope that helps.

Alan.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin