Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,713   Online: 983

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

The Neretta breathes again!

Hi, all -

A few years ago, I took some direction from Sandeha Lynch and built myself a 4x5 hyperfocal point-and-shoot camera. Based on his design (and his name for it), the Neretta is/was a fun project. But, it got set aside, and stripped for parts, lens was sold, yada yada. So the body sat in a drawer for a couple years.

Well, I recently got a bug in my ear telling me to bring it back. Bought a new lens - an Optar 90/6.8. Bought a new bracket handle. Refinished the mahogany. Ended up with this:

So, the sun came out today, and I took Maddie and the Neretta (and the dog) out to the Daniel Boone Homestead. Fired off a few sheets of Arista.EDU Ultra 100 (I told you it was sunny!), and just got 'em scanned.

And, just to convince m'self that the Optar's sharp enough, here's a 100% crop of Maddie:

I have two, count 'em - two - Grafmatics on their way here. And a friend's hooking me up with a hood (of which I'm clearly in dire need). This rig is the bee's knees. Can't wait to take it out again!

Scott

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent.

Is there any focusing involved or is it set at hyperfocal distance?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks, Steve. It's hyperfocal. Focus is set at about 12'; at between f/22 and f/32, I've got about 5.5' to infinity.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin