Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,813   Online: 723

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    And the metal parts of the Shen-Hao 5X7 are from titanium steel, much more desirable than plated bronze in my opinion.
    I couldnt agree more sandy.

am I the only one who wishes shen hao would make an 8x10 with the same build characteristics as the 4x5 and 5x7. and that it be similiar in price to the tachihara 8x10.
    Id save up and live off mac & cheese for a few months to buy one of those for sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whya? Are the 5x4 and 5x7 better built than the 10x8. I was under the impression that the 5x7 and 10x8 were sister cameras and that the 5x4 was different. I have spoken to Robert White in the UK and they have no access to 5x4 reducing backs for the 5x7, which is not to say that they are not available. They do admit to having some trouble dealing with Shen Hao (language barrier) and ao enquiries with the manufacturers are not easy. The only chance of a reducing back would probably be direct from China (for me in the UK). I too e-mailed a question to them in China and heard nothing. Oh well.

Tom

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Tom
    perhaps Im just ill informed I was under the impression that shen hao didnt even make an 8x10 (10x8) camera. Is this incorrect?

if they do Id love to know where to get one (didnt even think to ask badger when I spoke with them) and how much they cost.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know Robert White in the UK sells them (Price unknown). I hear that they (along with the 5x7 twin) are somewhat better cameras and better value still than the 5x4. They certainly look nice. See the Shen Hao web site: www.shen-hao.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    my goodness
    thats really exciting. right after I posted my last reply I called badger Graphics to inquire about the a Shen Hao 8x10 they informed me that there wasnt even an 8x10 model (apparently they are mistaken)
    Ill have to calle the view camera store and see if they can order them and/or sell them.

Im very curious and excited now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea, they sell an 8X10 and bigger, see their web site:

http://www.shen-hao.com/

and wait for the left hand colulmn to download. You will see the list but it would be better if you can read Japanese - I can't so I just imagine what it might say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    Yea, they sell an 8X10 and bigger, see their web site:

http://www.shen-hao.com/

and wait for the left hand colulmn to download. You will see the list but it would be better if you can read Japanese - I can't so I just imagine what it might say.
    They are chinese cameras based on the Japanese ebony designs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin