Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,442   Online: 1137

Shooter
    4x5 Format

How to mount my Calumet CC-402 to tripod

Hi,

I need to mount my Calumet CC-402 to my tripod. The legs are strong by Slik. I've attached the head, the hexagon won't work.

Is there a plate or attachment that will help?

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ballhead168.png  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I assume the camera has a 3/8" tripod mount while the tripod plate looks to be 1/4".

There's a small adaptor made which is very cheap most camera shops sell them, you just screw one int the camera's tripod thread. Less than $2 That's a lot cheaper than buying a new tripod plate.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a cc-400 and it barely fits on my older Slik, but I dont have the quick release plate, I have the older removable stud style. I use a Tiltall for it now because it has a larger mounting plate that the camera mount fits on perfectly.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Is the problem that the screw in the plate is too short to screw in to the base of the camera? You can get a longer 1/4 20 bolt at the hardware store.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take care with the rating for the ball head also. I use a similar setup for my Cambo. Prior to the Cambo I used a Kodak Master View, long shaft, and it was heavier. I only used it on an old Tiltall clone.

You may find that a monorail and a ball head are not the most useful combination. There is a lot to hold in place when you loosen the ball to adjust things a tiny bit only in one plane.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you, I have read in Using The View Camera a 3-way tripod head is the way to go. Now, I'm gonna try and find a good used one. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm about to look up, what I've never heard of, "Tiltall."

I appreciate this site and all of the help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do you have a mounting block? It holds the rail & screws onto the tripod.

Tiltall tripods have been around for at least fifty years & are still being made(in China). The originals were made in New Jersey and are considered to be better constructed.
    If you look for an original it will say "Marchioni Bros." on the name plate.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes John, it does have a mounting block.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At one time Tiltall tripods were sold by Calumet as the preferred tripods for the CC-400 series cameras. Freestyle sells the latest version of it for around a hundred bucks.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin