Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,006   Online: 1153

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Shen-Hao 8x10 Camera

I noticed the JandC Photo will be selling Shen-Hao cameras starting in September.

I know the 4x5 model is a good camera, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the 8x10?

Thanks!

Jim
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"...Wayne Gretzky

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not personally (there are threads scattered around the net which I have read a while back- thru google), but I saw a quote from Robert White in the UK (Cannot remember where) saying that he thought the 10x8 was the best of the bunch (same as the 5x7 in design, but both different to tehe 5x4). He also said that nothing came even remotely close to it for the price. Comments fo teh 5x7 (which I asked for on this forum) should hold true for the 10x8. Based on the ebony sv810 design, teak (rather than ebony or mahogony), titanium, solid, slightly heavy (6.5kg or so) very rigid, reasonable finish, no indents eyc on movements which are not ebony smooth etc. The 5x7 and 8x10 are a fair bit more than the 5x4 I think (5x7 is £1100 plus 17.5% tax in UK).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If i had the budget to shell out $500 more on my 8x10 purchase i would buy the Shen-hao instead of my Doble extension Tachihara..
    Don't get me wrong, i love my Tachihara but shen-hao offers alot more.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin