Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,252   Online: 1073

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe we should start a new thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I'm completely serious about an apug conference. I wouldn't want to organize it by myself, but would help with it. Maybe as an ongoing thing we could hold it here one year, then in Europe the next, or somthing like that. In 9 months from now the way we are growing, we coud have 4000 members.
    It's been discussed a little before now and there was a favourable ripple amongst APUG. I personally would support it too. A conference would be a great way to 'consolidate' the membership a bit, enhance the loyalty and not to mention be a heck of a lot of fun.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Charleston, SC would be very convenient for those on East Coast. It & surrounding area has much to offer for photo excursions. View Camera & APUG at same time/location might be a worthwhile combo.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

It would seem to me that APUG and View Camera have a lot in common. VC does a lot to promote traditional photography. At some point a joint effort might make sense.

steve simmons

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons
    Here are the possible locations for April or May 2005

Charleston, SC
    Valley Forge area of PA just outside Philadelphia
    MontereyCA again

or incorporate it into the PhotoArts Santa Fe conference in Santa Fe in July 2005

any thoughts?

steve simmons
    Steve,

I think the Valley Forge location would be great!
    But then I live in New Jersey, so I'd love it.

VF is close to Philadelphia which has an international airport and an Amtrack station on the Northeast corridor. It is close enough to the NYC market that folks from that area could easily come down.

Really anywhere on the east coast would be nice.
    I know I don't ever want to fly again.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Thanks for the thoughts.

Toronto is a great idea but might pose a problem for some of our exhibitors who are US distributors and may not be able to go into another country to promote their products. The exhibitors pay part o fthe overhead of the conference and we can not do without them.

Springfield, MA is another idea that has come up. Any thoughts?

steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It seems to me that a location should be choosen that meets two criteria.

First, facilities for the conference are necessary. Most larger hotels should be able to provide this.

Second, given that many people like to combine travel and photography. Let's pick a place that is photogenic. Perhaps the mountains (Santa Fe or Denver)? Or the coast (Monterey works here)?
    Facts are facts; however, perception is reality.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Monterey was also good because of museum and galleries to see photography. I suppose there are a few galleries in Santa Fe also?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beinf selfish, any place near NYC. SO VF or Springfield of the places mentioned so far. The Catskills would also be a good location with maybe a connection with the Center for Photography in Woodstock. Easy to get to from any of the major airports in the NYC area.

I have contacted the Center in Woodstock to see if they would be interested in having the View Camera conference there. If not then Springfield is the leading candidate. The New Engand LF group has offered to help us.

steve simmons

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin